Wednesday 9 June 2010

The One with Houmous on the Net Curtains

I'm a messy person! What can you do? There will come a time when my son no longer needs bib but I still will. It doesn't seem to matter what it is, soup, curry, gravy, I manage to get it everywhere! Spaghetti Bolognese might be my favourite meal of all time but believe me it's a minefield.

I thought I'd topped the height of my messiness carnage when I somehow got jam all over the remote control (I blamed it on being pregnant - god I miss that excuse) but today was a real winner.

I had to leave my lunch half eaten to stop and feed the baby (he has no patience or volume control when he wants his milk) so I left it by the open the window and got his bottle.

When I returned the olives were still intact glistening with herbs and oil in their little bowl. The pitta bread was still crisp and warm from the toaster cut in neat slices. But the houmous. Oh god the houmous. The houmous was all over the net curtains.

It's a special skill ladies and gentlemen.

Mind you it was nothing to what I had under my fingernails later this afternoon so I have to be thankful for that at least.....

No comments:

Post a Comment