Wednesday 16 June 2010

The One with the Glasses

For the last couple of days I've been wearing my glasses instead of my contact lens. It's amazing how different this not only makes you look but feel about how you look.

Glasses are no longer the specy, specy four eyes face furniture that kids use as an excuse to pick on the short sighted kid nearest the blackboard. Celebrities, TV personalities, sportsmen and women and even rock stars all wear them. They are designer, they are cool they are individual and of the moment.

So I hoped that wearing my glasses would lend me an air of quiet sophistication, even mild intellectual superiority. I thought they'd give me a look of authority yet with a trendy edge.

I've just caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror.

They make me look like a cross between Nana Mouskouri and Olive from On the Buses!

If you're too young to know who they are look them up on Google images. Just don't do it before you go to bed. You'll have nightmares!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, glasses......Old TV advert with Griff Rhys-Jones.....This could be your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that one. Wasn't it for beer? Hmmm sweet beer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - yes I am old enough to remember those ladies and I agree that is totally scary. Great to meet you today Random Woman - was a right laugh and I am glad to have given my stomach muscles the workout they've needed for a while.

    ReplyDelete