Wednesday 8 December 2010

The One with All the Toys!

My lounge looks like Toys R Us!


And that's this side of Christmas.


Lord alone knows if I'll have any floor space left in my living room come 25th December?


It's the sheer amount of kit you acquire that frightens and fascinates me in turn.


Stuffs and fluffs, plastic "tat", cups, bricks, balls and books. Things with bells and buttons and whistles galore. When they all go off together the noise is deafening. 


I hear some of them in my sleep. Either that or they are going off at night of their own volition? Scary! My friend did have a walker that had so much dribble in the keyboard that it went off on it's own after they had gone to bed!


I swear "Roll, roll, roll the ball, gently as can be. Watch it spin round and round, it's fun to play you'll see. Roll me!" will haunt me to my grave. 


The worse bit is clearing them away after the boy has gone to bed and remembering to switch them all off as you do it so they don't suddenly chime out throughout the house and wake him up!


Some of the toys have a volume control at least but what they really need at the end of a long day is a STFU (shut the f*ck up) button! 


Maybe I should suggest that to Vtech for that damn ball. I could be on to something here....







No comments:

Post a Comment