Sunday 27 March 2011

The One with All the Anger

Lately I seem to be permanently angry! About all sorts of things.

Today is Census day here in the UK so we have been filling in our form. I make a point here of saying filling in rather than the recent expression "filling out". You cannot fill something out, only "in"!

You see angry!

The form itself hasn't made me that angry. After all hubby did most of it while I had a bath. It was the wording of some of the questions that caused me to get hot under the collar.

Now don't get me wrong, the census proves to be a very useful tool for history students and people tracing their family trees, I wouldn't have been able to do my A Level History project if it hadn't have been for census records, but the questions have riled me up!

Am I British or English? What's the difference?

Am I C of E or should I tick no religion? I celebrate Christmas and Easter but I don't go to church.

What to do?

Then there's the dining room table. It breeds crap. As fast as I clear it more stuff appears. My stuff, hubby's stuff, the boy's stuff. Random stuff. Quite literally!

Everything I want is on the floor too! With this bad back I'm not supposed to bend very much, if at all, but it's very hard to do that when you have a 13 month old who wants picking up or throws bits of bread stick and blueberry on the floor.

So maybe it's work, maybe it's my back, maybe it's the Census form?

Whatever it is I'm a grumpy old cow!

And in the "snapshot of Britain today" there's not a box on the form to ask you what your mood is right now because if there was I'm be too arsey to fill it in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment